Si Fu Double Fried Chicken Wings
When you think you’ve had the best wings ever, that will change with this recipe. Heck these might be the best thing you’ll ever put in your mouth!
- 3 Liters Canola Oil for Frying
- 2 lbs Fresh Chicken Wings cut into drumsticks and wings
- ½ Cup Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 4 Tbsp Ume by FlavurLust
- Sesame Seeds and Sliced Green Onions for Garnish
- Marinate the chicken wings in the soy sauce and ginger for at least 1 hour so it gets really sexy and flavourful, remove and pat dry, moisture is our enemy here!
- Heat the oil in a large deep pot and fry the wings at 225F for 20 minutes, the wings will be cooked through but won’t take on color. Yes they will look pale and ghostly but trust us, we will tan them up later
- Remove and let the wings cool on a wire rack and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Mix the melted butter and Ume by FlavurLust and put this elixir to the side
- Heat the oil back up to high and fry the wings in batches at 400F until golden brown and skin starts to bubble and blister, roughly 10 minutes. Bubbling means these wings will snap crackle and pop!
- Remove the wings and toss with the sauce
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions eat them all by yourself because you won’t want to share