Tomato Soup for the Spicy Soul
Sometimes we need to just have a comforting warm bowl of soup and tomato is like a hug in silky rich creamy liquid form.
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1 Cup, Sweet Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Ume by FlavurLust, more for garnish
- 1 ½ Cup Soft White Bread, no crust, rough chunks
- 7 Cups (58oz) Whole Canned Tomatoes in juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pan, add half the olive oil and over medium heat saute the garlic, onion and oregano until soft but not golden.
- Add the bread and tomatoes and gently break the tomatoes up, add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil, add the Ume by FlavurLust and then simmer for 5-8 minutes
- Ladle the soup into a blender (depending on your blender size, might need to do this in batches) and start to blend, beginning on low and gradually increasing to higher speeds
- While your still blending on highest speed slowly drizzle the remaining olive oil in to emulsify (aka making it smooth without separating, like a good relationship)
- Season with salt and pepper and add an extra splash of Ume by FlavurLust and serve with your favs like grilled cheese, crackers or some toasty bread!